Saturday, April 19, 2008

Last Thursday, I helped run an all-nighter for the youth group's 30 hour famine with Ben (my roommate). Most in the group are missionary kids who go to the International School of Ouagadougou. Ben helps with the youth group every week, but I don't - I usually only go when they need help running special events. Soo... the all-nighter ran from 7pm Thursday until 7am Friday... so we had a 12 hour program planned for them. We played Cranium, had a dance competition, watched movies, etc. It was a really successful event because the youth group managed to raise more than $5,000. All of the money will be used to buy grain to distribute to the underprivileged in Ouagadougou.

I think about 40-45 kids were there... so it was a pretty exhausting night. These are pics 30 min before they broke the fast...










And this is the food that they broke the fast with...












From Monday-Thursday this week I'll be going to visit some village projects in the far eastern part of the country. It's gonna be a hot 4 days.........

No comments: